1.C.D.W. Full insurance – Collision damage waiver with NO EXCESS
The client is fully relieved from the responsibility for any damage. The vehicles are subject to liability and fully comprehensive automobile and property damage insurance.
F.C.D.W. Full Collision damage Waiver Insurance:
By Renting a car from Athenscars, the client has F.C.D.W insurance in order he will be covered from any damage caused to the vehicle during the car hire period without excess-risk* 100% valid for all cars. It may also be referred as Super Collision damage waiver (SCDW) or Wheels under side and glass insurance (WUG)…read more for our car insurance coverages and policy
PL – Public Liability insurance:
Our public liability insurance covers up to 1.000.000 euro for persons. May also referred as PLI.
2. Age of the driver:
Our Full collision damage waiver insurance covers drivers 25+ years of age.
a*. When the age of driver is lower than 24 years old, a damage risk may occure, depending on the chosen car type. Email us to ask about or read Terms page for driver age and car groups a young driver can drive.
b*. The maximum age of a driver, according to our insurance, is 75 years old. When the driver is older, we will add an excess-self risk.
3. Third Party insurance: The lient is covered for damages caused to third party.
4. Personal Insurance: P.I insurance is covering all the passengers in the car excluding the driver.
The driver has a different insurance coverage and is always of lower amount in the event of an injury. The driver who is between 24 – 65years old, is insured with Personal Insurance, whereas an older driver is not insured with personal insurance but is able to hire one of our cars.
5.Theft insurance: The cars are always insured against theft 100%, but not the clients personal belongings*.
6. Loss of car keys: The client is not covered in case of loss or stolen car keys, the cost of car keys is covered from the client.
7. Wheels and under side of car insurance:
The client is covered by this insurance when driving the vehicle on asphalt road directions only and is covering the underside but not the parts the wheel is connected. If the car drives off road, this insurance is not valid . ANY ACCIDENT NOT ANNOUNCED AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED, IS NOT COVERED FROM THE INSURANCE.
All cars are insured for the repair of tires (we do the repair for free) only, any damage on the tire is not covered as such damages happen off roads usually, the metallic part of the wheels and anything connected on this wheel (suspension-scissor) are not covered too as they are considered under parts.
E group cars=Toyota Corolla-Avensis-Renault Cabrio-Colt cabrio-Astra cabrio-Micra cabrio are not covered for tyres and underpart of vehicle. Any damage under the engine-such as “carter of oil” is not insured, the driver has to drive the car on asphalt roads where there is no possibility this part to be damaged!
Before you come to Crete, make sure you are not going to use a mini car or a saloon car or any car on Off road-this means you may misunderstand the use of this car is for “normal/asphalt” roads ONLY! if your accommodation is loacated on a place where only 4wd cars can mage to drive-you should order such a car.
8.Glass insurance: The client is fully covered for damages caused on Glass parts of the car 100%.
9.Accident – What is necessary to do when it happens:
- The client has to contact Athenscars telephone numbers which are written on the Rental agreement and the Reservation sheet. We will give you information and guillines.
- The car must not be moved from the place of accident until the insurance or the local Police of the area arrive.
- The Client has to fill a written statement of what happened.
- Also, the Client must report the accident at the time it happened and not hours or days later.
- For negligent or drunk driving, or driving under influence of drugs or on unauthorized roads/coated/dusty/land roads, stone roads, driving to prohibited areas/ obvious acts of disregards to the vehicle, the client is responsible for the full amount of charges. Please, read more about our car Rental Terms/Policy
*The F.C.D.W. insurance is not 100% with no excess for specific cars like: Mitsubishi L200 Truck, Mercedes cedan types, Rav4/Qashqai automatic, Peugeot Traveller AUTOMATIC, Mitsubishi Outlander AUTOMATIC, ALL these cars we refer are with an excess of 900euro. For all other Car types of our fleet the FCDW insurance is with no excess.
*We recommend our customers not to lock their bags or suitcases in the vehicle while parking. Do not trust anyone, keep an eye to the vehicle when suitcases or any type of electronic device are inside. Crete has many places thieves could open the vehicles easy, most of times, they use electromagnetic systems where all cars open in a minute without the need to break a window or a lock.